On June 10, 2008, Carol Decker was like any other expectant mother: full of anticipation and eagerly awaiting the arrival of her second child. But in a matter of hours, a massive infection had her fighting for her life. The infection resulted in the amputation of three limbs and blindness.Carol has battled intense pain, despair and frustration – but now she is embarking upon a new career as a motivational speaker helping others deal with similar challenges. In this episode:
- What is sepsis?
- Overcoming the physical and psychological affects of losing three limbs and eyesight in a moment without warning
- Setting goals that are unique and specific for your passions
- How to deal and combat depression
- Relearning how to live a new life with new challenges
- The unbreakable bond between a mother and her children
- Let go, embrace the moment, and have fun
You can find out more about Carol and her story at caroljdecker.com Her book “Unshattered: Overcoming Tragedy and Choosing a Beautiful Life” will become available in June 2018.