scottkujak.com will collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you you choose to provide that information.
What personal data do we collect and why?
Contact forms. Basic user information is collected for the purpose of communicating with you and providing service to you.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
- Contact form: we ask for basic contact information from you in order to communicate with you
- Online newsletter: we request your email address in order to provide information to you regarding our services.
Embedded content from other websites. Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Akismet SPAM protection. We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Online Store + checkout process While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: for example, we show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit or access your personal information. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communication between you and scottkujak.com or information stored on scottkujak.com or our servers (provided by SiteGround) will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers, and your use of the website demonstrates your assumptions of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your Personal Information.
Who do we share your data with?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Because we value your privacy, we not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. Any user can use the ‘Unsubscribe’ link found at the bottom of any email newsletter sent to be removed from our mailing list immediately.
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example — Stripe and PayPal Payment Gateways.
We accept payments through Stripe and PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
How long do we retain your data
We generally discard information about you from contact forms when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It –and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
To unsubscribe or opt out, users can use the ‘Unsubscribe’ link found at the bottom of any email to be removed from our mailing list immediately.
This policy was last modified on 05/24/2019
- How we protect your data. All data collected through online forms are encrypted
- What third parties we receive data from. Data is collected from various third party providers which include: SiteGround web hosting, Google Anayltics & BING and MailChimp