Diego Corzo is a “dreamer”, an undocumented immigrant that came to the United States as a young child and calls the USA home. He was not able to get a job or a drivers license as a young adult because of his illegal alien status. However, his grit could not be defeated. He formed a business, invested in real estate, and became financially free at 27 years old.
- Growing up in Peru and coming to the United States as a “dreamer”
- What he could and could not do growing up as an undocumented immigrant
- What is DACA? What is a dreamer?
- Non-eligibility for work and scholarships led to a LLC and an IT business
- Grabbing the opportunity to speak up and share his voice on a national platform after DACA was canceled by the government
- Jumping into real estate through house hacking
- Financially free at 27 years old
- Supporting himself through college and paying the price of admission at the same time
- Working through a speech impediment to become confident in public speaking
- Giving a TED talk in his old college town – Tallahassee, Florida
- Helping other undocumented immigrants find affordable housing
- Build a bigger life, not a bigger lifestyle
You can follow Diego on Instagram @corzo.diego and you can learn more about him at www.househackingclub.com
Diego’s TED talk can be listened to here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfgUfgCZZ_I