Matt Pearce is a police officer for the city of Fort Worth, Texas. He was shot 5 times by a wanted criminal in a heated pursuit. He should have died as many major organs were hit, yet he survived and returned to the police force after 20 months of recovery. In this episode:
- Chasing down the suspect
- How to survive with split-second decision making skills
- Fighting through recovery with goals in mind
- Why reaching out to others who have gone through similar circumstances is so beneficial
- Life as a police officer – how is life different than the normal citizen’s?
- Respect – why it is important in and out of the streets
- The best things about being a cop and the city of Fort Worth
Matt can be reached through the Fort Worth Police Department Facebook page. Watch the video footage of his pursuit of the criminal.