Sophia Danenberg is the first black woman and the first African American woman to summit Mount Everest successfully. She is a Harvard graduate, an avid climber, and has a successful career with Boeing. She shares her story on Everest and what it was like to find success on the tallest mountain in the world. In this episode:
- How do you prepare your body for 29,000 feet above sea level
- The difference between pushing yourself and making wise decisions
- How to plan ahead and execute flawlessly when plans change
- Overcoming a storm, bronchitis, and a clogged oxygen mask on top of the mountain
- Coming back down the mountain – the other half of the battle
- Climbing a mountain vs. climbing the corporate ladder – are there any similarities?
You can find more information on Sophia on her web site www.danenberg.org and you can follow her on Instagram and Facebook.