Anthony Aguiniga is a Green Beret and the founder of a shoe company, Woobies. Anthony has a big plan to become the dominant shoe company in the industry. He shares how he overcame alcoholism and a lack of a fulfilled purpose in his career after the military to form the shoe company that he is so passionate about today. In this episode:
- Deciding to join the Army
- Starting his military career with no desire for infantry to only change his mind a few weeks in
- The path to become a Green Beret
- Swallowing his pride by leaving an intense career as a Green Beret to attend the fire academy in Dallas
- Struggling with alcoholism after the military
- Losing a mother to drugs and a father to alcoholism
- The creation and motive behind his shoe company, Woobies
- Why the name Woobies?
- Customer, Customer, Customer – What separates Woobies from the rest of the shoe industry
- Anthony’s unlikely admission process to Southern Methodist University MBA program … one of the best business schools in the country
- Finding his confidence in an academic setting through his entrepreneur experience
- Biggest challenge – sustaining his lean business model while gaining market share
You can follow Anthony on Instagram at @anthony_aginuiga and @woobiesshoes.